Preeminence It is a term that has its origin in the Latin word praeeminentĭa. Specifically, this word is made up of two clearly differentiated parts such as the following:
-The prefix "prae-", which means "before" or "before."
-The verb "eminere", which can be translated as "stand out".
The concept allows naming the benefit , the Grace , he favor wave dispensation that one person or one thing enjoys compared to another for some particular reason.
For example: “The investigator gave preeminence to the theory of passion crime and ruled out a mafia action”, "The current government has always given prominence to those most in need when designing their policies", "Do not argue anymore: neither takes precedence over the other in my consideration".
Preeminence can be understood as the privilege wave superiority Enjoy something or someone. If the displacements of the inhabitants of a city are analyzed, it could be said that private cars they have preeminence over the rest of the transports, since the 42% of people mobilize in these vehicles. Behind are public transport with 20% and bicycles with 8%.
In a country where he 70% of the citizens speak English and the remaining 30%, other languages, it could be indicated that English is the language that takes precedence over the rest.
Within the scope of religion, specifically Christianity, we usually talk about the preeminence of God. This is an expression that attempts to make it clear that the true Christian is one who does not lead a superficial life or is absolutely outside the values imposed by the aforementioned religion, but one who puts Christ first. That is to say, that he follows his commandments, that he leads an orderly life and that he fulfills the functions that every believer has to fulfill.
In the same religious bosom, there is also talk of what is called the preeminence of love. What it means is that Christ was generous with the human being and created love so that he could be happy and enjoy a multitude of positive feelings. Thus, it not only refers to love towards the couple but also towards parents, siblings and even friends.
In the field of Law, in the same way, the term we are now analyzing is used. Thus, for example, on certain occasions there is talk of the preeminence of international law. With this, what is intended to be expressed is that in the face of political, economic or social situations of a certain type that are considered to violate human rights, what is established in the aforementioned right for the welfare of the men and women affected must prevail.
Preeminence can also be understood as a favoritism . The owner of a company He usually distributes certain awards among his employees according to productivity, motivation and companionship. If an employee X He usually receives these bonuses, it can be indicated that he enjoys preeminence over his peers.
It is possible that the preeminence will change over time from a change in favoritism, customs , etc.